Are your cheques SECURE?
It hasn’t been until recently that a customer expressed some great concern to me in regards to the security of our cheques. So I figured, what a great opportunity to share some info about the security found in our cheques. Basically there are 5 main types of security features in our cheques.
- Warning Band – Notifies document handlers that security features are present
- Watermark – Distinctive pattern in the paper. Hold up to a light source to view.
- Invisible Fibres – Coloured fibres in the paper only visible under a black light.
- Chemical Reactants – An attempt to chemically alter this document will activate a chemical reaction that appears as a stain in the paper.
- Printloc® – A coating that bonds dry toner image to the paper fibres, making alteration by scraping or tape very difficult without showing fibre tear on the paper.
Every so often, I have a customer that insists on having a gold or hologram seal on the cheque. While this is an additional security measure, it is an unnecessary one. Crafty would be criminals can and will obtain replica stickers. See the seal is added on to the paper as where the above mentioned features are IN the paper itself. That is why we do not have seals on our cheques.
Furthermore, all of our cheques are CPA compliant ( http://www.cdnpay.ca/ ) and are 100% Guaranteed to clear your credit union or bank (granted you have the sufficient funds available!)
Please contact me today so we can discuss your cheque security!
Comments are closed.